Become a water baby with ORD
by Misty Volaski
Come swimmers, come non-swimmers, come young, come old. The
Ojai Recreation Department is offering swimming lessons at Nordhoff's
pool for kids and adults of all skill levels.
Nordhoff Swimming pool public swim hours:
Monday through Saturday, from 1 to 5 p.m. The cost is $2 for
each swimmer. Summer passes are also available for $100 per family
or $50 per individual.
Several different swimming classes are also offered:
· Parent/Child: Children ages six months to three years
learn to swim with their parents
· Water Exploration: For kids ages three to five years
· Stroke Readiness: For children who have already completed
their primary skills classes or have equivalent skill.
· Stroke Development: For those wishing to learn the different
· Stroke Refinement: For those wishing to hone their stroke
technique and skills overall.
· Advanced Skills: For experienced and learned swimmers
The next swim lesson session will begin July 15 and run through
July 25. The cost is $37 per session.
There will also be a swim camp, in which children will learn
how to play water polo, pool voleyball and other water games.
The camp is for swimmers only, and costs $80. Advanced swimmer
camp will be August 12 to 16, and Beginning swimmers' camp will
be August 19 to 23. Both camps will begin at 9 a.m. and end at
Call the Ojai Recreation Department at 646-1872 for more information
or to sign up.
© 2002 The Ojai Valley News
Back to sports
Back to the news
RECREATION Department swim instructor Lisa McCulloch helps a
young student master her back
floating technique at the Nordhoff pool.