VC Fair stars Travis Tritt
and other favorites
The 2002 Ventura County Fair will begin Wednesday and run through
Aug. 11. The fair will open at 11 a.m. every day and exhibits
will close at 10 p.m.
General admission prices are $7 for adults (13 through 61 years),
$4 for children ages 6 through 12, and $4 for seniors age 62
and older. Children 5 and younger are admitted free. Parking
at Seaside Park costs $5 per car during the fair.
Following is the major entertainment schedule for the grandstand
arena concerts and events. Admission to all of these concerts
and events is free with your fair admission. Seating is first
come, first served, and is subject to availability based on arena
seating capacity. All events and concerts are subject to change
· Wednesday, July 31, 7 p.m. - VRA Modified, Pony Stock
Car and Figure 8 Racing plus Demolition Derby.
· Thursday, Aug. 1, 7 p.m. - IMCA Modified and Figure
8 Racing plus Demolition Derby.
· Friday, Aug. 2, 7:30 p.m. - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
· Saturday, Aug. 3, 7:30 p.m. - Jim Belushi and The Sacred
· Sunday, Aug. 4, 3 p.m. - Fiesta Day concert starring
Los Tigres del Norte.
· Monday, Aug. 5, 7:30 p.m. - Sugar Ray.
· Tuesday, Aug. 6 - 1 p.m., The Smothers Brothers. 7:30
p.m., K.C. and The Sunshine Band.
· Wednesday, Aug. 7, 7:30 p.m. - Kenny Loggins.
· Thursday, Aug. 8, 7:30 p.m. - Travis Tritt.
· Friday, Aug. 9, 6 p.m. - El Toro Huaco Rodeo: Mexican
Bull Riding plus Music and Spanish Dancing Horses.
· Saturday, Aug. 10, 2 and 7 p.m. - P.R.C.A. Rodeo
· Sunday, Aug. 11, 2 and 7 p.m. - P.R.C.A. Rodeo.
2002 Ventura County Fair Special Admission
Aug. 2. -Youth Day. All fair visitors 12 years of age and
younger will be admitted free all day.
Aug. 6 - Seniors and Persons with Disabilities Day. All senior
citizens age 62 and older and all handicapped persons will be
admitted free for this special day in celebration of their vigor
and vitality. Special exibits, displays and entertainment are
on tap all day.
Aug. 7 - Pepsi Family Day. With a special Pepsi Family Day coupon
or sticker, two adults and all children age 12 and younger in
the immediate family and living in the same household will be
admitted to the fair for $15 on this day only.
Military Appreciation Day · Thursday, Aug. 8
All military personnel holding a current, valid military ID will
be admitted free. Make the day special: wear your uniform!
Please note these conditions:
1. Coupon or sticker must be presented at a Ventura County Fair
ticket booth at Seaside Park at the time of ticket purchase on
Wednesday, Aug. 7; $15 family admission will not be allowed without
the coupon or sticker.
2. Only original coupons or stickers will be honored (photocopies
or any other reproductions will not be accepted).
3. Coupons and stickers will not be available at Seaside Park
(Ventura County Fair). Coupons and stickers are only available
on Pepsi products and only while supplies last at participating
Vons markets and Chevron service stations in the Ventura County
4. The Ventura County Fair assumes no liability or responsibility
for any participating location running out of coupons or stickers.
© 2002 The Ojai Valley News
Back to the news
2002 county fair opens Wednesday and runs through Aug. 11 with
the gates opening at 11 a.m. every day. Country Music star Travis
Tritt, below, takes the main stage Aug. 8.