h2

Articles

Doctor Accused Of Negligence

By Daryl Kelley

The state Medical Board has accused an Ojai psychiatrist of gross negligence in treating patients, including one who died from a drug overdose, complaints that could lead to revocation or suspension of the veteran doctor’s medical license.

In a written “accusation” filed recently, the Medical Board of California has maintained that Dr. John Nasse Jr., 76, was negligent in treating five patients, including an Ojai Valley man who died in 2006 from an overdose of three drugs prescribed by Nasse.
Nasse is accused of repeated acts of gross negligence in four of the cases, and a failure to maintain proper records in a fifth case. Treatment occurred from 2005 until 2008, according to the state filing.
One case involved a “patient” who was an undercover investigator for the Medical Board, according to the state filing by the attorney general’s office, which represents the Medical Board.
In the Jan. 28 filing, the Medical Board notes that Nasse, a doctor in California since 1967, has not yet had a hearing or been found guilty of any charges.
Nasse said in a brief interview last week that he and his lawyer are negotiating a settlement of the case.
“These things are in the process of negotiation,” he said. “It’s way up in the air. I can’t discuss any more. I can say nothing at this point.”
Nasse did say that he is offering a defense to the charges.
This case is the second state Medical Board action against Nasse in the last decade. He was accused in 2001 of “gross negligence, repeated negligent acts, incompetence and dishonest and corrupt acts” in regards to treatment of one patient between 1987 and 1997.

In a written “accusation” filed recently, the Medical Board of California has maintained that Dr. John Nasse Jr., 76, was negligent in treating five patients, including an Ojai Valley man who died in 2006 from an overdose of three drugs prescribed by Nasse. Nasse is

Register to read more...

Advertise on our site

Overview
Packages
Register